The GOP scored a big victory on abortion yesterday, but at the cost of further undermining the moral authority of SCOTUS and the GOP. I’m prolife, but I’m not a fan of hypocrisy or winning by hook or by crook. Here’s a quick list of my main concerns (#5 is not about Roe per se):
- clear hypocrisy of GOP in refusing to grant Garland a hearing months before an election while granting Barrett one weeks before an election;
- curtailing a proper FBI investigation into very credible allegations that Kavanaugh assaulted Ford to push through his confirmation;
- the hypocrisy of intentional stacking of the court with activist judges while attacking liberals for doing the same;
- Kavanaugh and Barrett were clearly deceptive during their hearings when addressing their views of stare decisis and Roe;
- Thomas’ wife supported the Jan. 6 attempted coup; in an extraordinary breach of ethics, Thomas has refused to recuse himself from hearing cases relating to Jan. 6.